We here at MTA are thrilled to partner up with the Tallahassee Marathon in Tallahassee, Florida! The half and full marathon will be on February 5, 2017 (only four months away!). I recently sat down with Ely and Meg to talk about what runners can expect at next year’s race.
Listeners to the MTA podcast can receive a $10 discount on registration using the code PODCAST. Visit tallahasseemarathon.com to register.
More details . . .
The Tallahassee Marathon
The Tallahassee Marathon is in it’s 43rd year, but only the second year of it’s brand new course through Tallahassee’s best sights and sounds!
- The course is one of the most challenging in Florida — with rolling hills and canopy roads that distinguish Tallahassee from the rest of the Sunshine State.
- Beer will be served up for all finishers and a finish line festival concert!
- Tallahassee is now one of the few marathons in the country with a permanent finish line. The city showed so much support for the new course that they decided to make sure the finish line would always be in beautiful downtown Tally!
- The Tallahassee Marathon is not for profit! Proceeds from the race benefit Gulf Winds Track Club and the Hang Tough Foundation, which supports the entire family unit of children facing life-altering illnesses and special needs.
- The race is holding a contest for a VIP prize pack includes a training plan, a one-night’s hotel stay, two race entries and other goodies. Visit their Facebook page to enter the contest. And remember the contest ends on Oct 15th and you are allowed multiple entries so make sure you visit their FB page for details. Be sure you tell them that you heard about it on the MTA podcast!