Personalized Coaching Services
The purpose of coaching is to take you further in your training than you can take yourself. MTA Coaches are hand-selected based on their qualifications and experience, plus personal achievement in their own running life. All MTA coaches have the same coaching philosophy that we advocate for here at MTA of (1) quality running over quantity, (2) focused cross-training (3) and injury prevention.
We excel at helping runners . . .
- Train for first marathon, half marathon or ultra
- Run faster. Achieve a personal record (PR) or Boston qualifying time.
- Run further. Safely train for back to back marathons and mileage increases while minimizing injuries.
- Get your fitness back. Systematically build your fitness to its pre-injury level.
- Run more efficiently. Fine tune your nutrition, fueling, and form.
- Implementation of race day strategy. Your coach will help you evaluate the course and formulate a solid plan for getting through the tough parts of your marathon.
- Stay motivated -develop positive habits that last a lifetime.
Your current running level does not matter, we are good at training both beginners and experienced runners!
Meet the MTA Coaches . . .
Coach Angie Spencer
- Co-Founder of Marathon Training Academy podcast
- Bachelor of Science from Montana State University. Registered Nurse for over 15 years
- RRCA and USTAF Certified Running Coach
- Veteran of over 48 Marathons and Ultras
- Lover of books and dark chocolate!
Coach Jennifer O’Donnell-Giles
- Registered Dietitian with dual Masters Degree in Nutrition and Exercise Physiology from Columbia University
- Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics
- Ten time marathon finisher, two time Ironman finisher and a three time Team USA Triathlete.
- 20 years experience as a coach
- Believes that “There is an Athlete in Everyone” and with sound training and fueling guidance each athletes true potential can be realized.
Coach Lynn Grieger
- RRCA Certified Running Coach
- Registered Dietitian and Certified Health and Wellness Coach
- Has run a marathon in all 50 states after the age of 40
- Over 25 years coaching experience
- Her passion is to encourage runners to reach for their dreams one practical step at a time. It’s never too late to chart a healthy path!
Coach Chris Galaty
- RRCA Certified Running Coach
- 2:50 Marathoner; 18 marathon finishes; Ironman Triathlete
- Former high school cross-country and track & field coach
- A teacher at heart, his passion is to help runners to meet their goals without injury and see runners mentally and physically motivated to continue to train and race for many, many years.
Pricing and Availability
As a client you will be charged the personal coaching payment of $150 a month.
*New clients are teamed up with coaches after sign up. Because of fluctuating availability and schedules we cannot guarantee which coach you will be assigned to.
We do request that you commit to a minimum of 3 months of personalized coaching. It’s hard for the coach to get the best results for you in less than 3 months. At this point we do not charge any one-time set up fees.
As a coaching client you also get the benefits of Basic Academy Membership which includes access to all premium training lessons, videos, bonus interviews, back podcast episodes and our awesome private Facebook group.
Coaching Sign Up Form
Please review the following Coaching Waiver before signing up.
By ordering MTA coaching services you agree to the following:
What Clients are Saying . . .
Worth every penny! Angie is going to get me through my first full marathon! 🙂 -Johanna Mullen
Boston bound! 3:21:52. I emailed Angie several times these last few days and needed every piece of information she give me to do this. -Lee Staats
If any of you are considering a coach I highly recommend Angie!!! Her plans are tailored to your very specific needs and goals. -Heather Panagopoulos
NYC Marathon in the books! 4:28 PR. Not sure how I pulled it off considering the cold and wind. Has to be Angie Danzer Spencer and her awesome coaching! I see that the rest of the MTA’ers finished – congrats! -Foti
I completed the very hilly Akron Marathon. That five-week period was also around the time that Angie became my coach, and I couldn’t have gotten to the start line, much less the finish line, without her. -Henry Howard
Thank you Angie Danzer Spencer for your expertise! I did exactly what you told me to do during my Half last Saturday! I’m not sure if I had a PR- but it’s close! I haven’t kept track! I certainly had a negative split! There were a lot of runners- so I was dodging people and I should’ve started farther up- but it was a great race for me! Thank you!!!! -Tonya Pavek
Air Force Marathon complete! Three months ago I didn’t think I could even finish a marathon–but thanks to Angie and each of you…way more than you know–I finished in 4:57. -Pat McCain
Thank you Angie for all your excellent coaching and help! First marathon complete. Training and now running the marathon really has changed my perspective on a lot of things. It’s hard, but once you conquer it, anything is possible 🙂 -Sakina Namazi
I’ve gone through a transformation in the last 7 months , from having a terrible 1st marathon experience, to having a fabulous 80K ultra last weekend . The big transformation is how I relax more about my running and really enjoying so many of its different aspects. I’m so grateful for you guidance over the last 7 months , without question you have transformed me from the clueless marathon guy who hobbled over the finishing line in terrible pain into a aerobic runner who now can dream of a 100K runs and beyond (and who owns a yoga mat!). -Enda Cleary
Client Success Stories . . .
- Foti Panagakos -130 Races And Counting
- Henry Howard -From Injured to Boston Qualifier
- Debbie Gelber -A Vow to Exercise, Lose Weight
- Dan Savage -From Barely Walking to Ultra Running
Question? Send us a message through the Contact page.