Personalized Coaching Services
The purpose of coaching is to take you further in your training than you can take yourself. MTA Coaches are hand-selected based on their qualifications and experience, plus personal achievement in their own running life. All MTA coaches have the same coaching philosophy that we advocate for here at MTA of (1) quality running over quantity, (2) focused cross-training (3) and injury prevention.
We excel at helping runners . . .
- Train for first marathon, half marathon or ultra
- Run faster. Achieve a personal record (PR) or Boston qualifying time.
- Run further. Safely train for back to back marathons and mileage increases while minimizing injuries.
- Get your fitness back. Systematically build your fitness to its pre-injury level.
- Run more efficiently. Fine tune your nutrition, fueling, and form.
- Implementation of race day strategy. Your coach will help you evaluate the course and formulate a solid plan for getting through the tough parts of your marathon.
- Stay motivated -develop positive habits that last a lifetime.
Your current running level does not matter, we are good at training both beginners and experienced runners!
Meet the MTA Coaches . . .
Coach Angie Spencer
- Co-Founder of Marathon Training Academy podcast
- Bachelor of Science from Montana State University. Registered Nurse for over 15 years
- RRCA Level 2 and USATF Level 1 Certified Running Coach
- Veteran of over 50 Marathons and Ultras
- Lover of books and dark chocolate!
Coach Jennifer O’Donnell-Giles
- Registered Dietitian with dual Masters Degree in Nutrition and Exercise Physiology from Columbia University
- Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics
- Ten time marathon finisher, two time Ironman finisher and a three time Team USA Triathlete.
- RRCA certified with 20 years experience as a coach
- Believes that “There is an Athlete in Everyone” and with sound training and fueling guidance each athletes true potential can be realized.
Coach Lynn Grieger
- RRCA Certified Running Coach
- Registered Dietitian and Certified Health and Wellness Coach
- Has run a marathon in all 50 states after the age of 40
- Over 25 years coaching experience
- Her passion is to encourage runners to reach for their dreams one practical step at a time. It’s never too late to chart a healthy path!
Coach Chris Galaty
- RRCA Certified Running Coach
- 2:50 Marathoner; 18 marathon finishes; Ironman Triathlete
- Former high school cross-country and track & field coach; lives and trains in China
- A teacher at heart, his passion is to help runners to meet their goals without injury and see runners mentally and physically motivated to continue to train and race for many, many years.
Coach Dominique Hamel
- RRCA and USATF Certified Running Coach
- Nearly 60 marathon finishes, with 13 ultras including the prestigious Comrades and Two Oceans Marathons in South Africa.
- Over 17 years of coaching; has lived and coached in Canada, U.S., Europe, and South Africa.
- Loves to inspire clients to enjoy the sport as well as teaching them the necessary techniques, form and competition mechanism.
Coach Steve Waldon
- RRCA Certified Running Coach
- 2:53 marathoner; 19 marathon finishes; nine 50 mile finishes; one 100K; finisher of the Atacama Desert Crossing -155 mile self-supported stage race
- Assistant coach at one of New York City’s largest running clubs.
- A self-professed running geek who loves to dive into the science of training
Pricing and Availability
As a client you will be charged the personal coaching payment of $150 a month. Coaching spots fill on a first come first served basis.
New clients are teamed up with coaches after sign up. Because of fluctuating availability and schedules we cannot guarantee which coach you will be paired with.
We do request that you commit to a minimum of 3 months of personalized coaching. It’s hard for the coach to get the best results for you in less than 3 months. At this point we do not charge any one-time set up fees.
As a coaching client you also get the benefits of Basic Academy Membership which includes access to all premium training lessons, videos, bonus interviews, back podcast episodes and our awesome private Facebook group.
Coaching Sign Up Form
Please review the following Coaching Waiver before signing up.
By ordering MTA coaching services you agree to the following:
Question? Send us a message through the Contact page.
What Clients are Saying . . .
I’ve had Angie as a coach now for a little over a year and it has been the best money I’ve ever spent regarding my running. I’ve started to PRd in nearly every race I run since starting with her and cut over 30 min off my marathon time so far. -JJ Stark-Christian
MTA coach Chris Galaty is fabulous! I am a mid pack runner, however in these three weeks I’ve had a coach I have never been more accountable or motivated to run and adhere to the plan. -Emma Walsh
Angie Spencer is my coach for well over a year at this point. I’ve consistently gotten faster and less injury prone over that time frame. I’ve been achieving PR’s at every distance, yet I’m running fewer training miles than I did prior to MTA coaching. -Jon Lepley MD.
Last Sunday I ran my first marathon. My coach, Chris Galaty, trained me so well. He prepared me for the tough times in the race. Luckily I ran the first half of the race to the plan we had discussed, and by mile 20 I was feeling awesome and started speeding up. I finished with a strong sprint through the finish line to the cheers of the crowd, and ended with a time of 4:43:48, about 32 minutes faster than I was planning on. It was the most amazing feeling! -Emily Eiland
Boston bound! 3:21:52. I emailed Angie several times these last few days and needed every piece of information she give me to do this. -Lee Staats
If any of you are considering a coach I highly recommend Angie!!! Her plans are tailored to your very specific needs and goals. -Heather Panagopoulos
I’ve gone through a transformation in the last 7 months , from having a terrible 1st marathon experience, to having a fabulous 80K ultra last weekend . The big transformation is how I relax more about my running and really enjoying so many of its different aspects. I’m so grateful for you guidance over the last 7 months , without question you have transformed me from the clueless marathon guy who hobbled over the finishing line in terrible pain into a aerobic runner who now can dream of a 100K runs and beyond (and who owns a yoga mat!). -Enda Cleary
Client Profile Stories . . .
- Pat McCain -MTA: Where Coaching and Camaraderie Meet
- Foti Panagakos -130 Races And Counting
- Henry Howard -From Injured to Boston Qualifier
- Debbie Gelber -A Vow to Exercise, Lose Weight
- Dan Savage -From Barely Walking to Ultra Running
- Jon Lepley -It Takes a Village to Build a Marathoner