Jared is Professor of Statistics at BYU. He wrote his master’s thesis on Optimal Pacing Strategy in the Marathon.
Interview with Jared Ward
- Tell us how you got started running. Did you know you wanted to specialize in distance right away or was that something that evolved over time?
- You wrote your master’s degree thesis on pacing strategies for the marathon. What were some of your conclusions and was there was anything that came as a surprise?
- What are the implications for middle-of-the-pack runners?
- What was your strategy in Rio?
- Walk us through the Olympic Marathon. What was your strategy going in and how did you execute that? What did you tell yourself when the going got tough?
- What was it like to live in the Olympic village?
- How did your life change when you finished 3rd in the Olympic Trials?
- Do you hope to go back to the Olympics?
- What strategies do you use to promote recovery and allow your body to withstand the rigors of high mileage?
- Any tips for runners who want to get faster?
Also Mentioned in This Episode
Berlin Marathon Meet UP! Go to our Facebook Event for more info or email us through our contact page. 🙂
Tupelo Half Marathon blog recap written by your’s truly.
HealthWatch 360 -the best app for balanced nutrition. Track over 30 nutrients in your diet, for health goals like Sports Nutrition, Energy, or Weight Control. It’s like having a nutritionist in your pocket! Find out more at www.healthwatch360.com